12 February 2015
EDM has completed a Site Acceptance Test (SAT) of Garuda Indonesia’s widebody Cabin Service Trainer at the airline’s Training Centre in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Cabin Service Trainer features the airline’s new premium class cabin product including:
• Super First Class cabin with individual luxury suites
• Business Class cabin with lie-flat seats
• First and Business Class lavatories
• Overhead stowage bins
• Fully functional cabin lighting system including mood lighting
• Fully functional galley including oven, stowage, coffee maker, water boiler and taps
• Flight attendant seats
• Training instructor control room including interphone system to cabin
Tony Bermingham, EDM Limited’s Managing Director said:
“The high quality simulated cabin interior that EDM has delivered recreates the cabin environment and improves the realism of practical training. It will enable Garuda Indonesia’s cabin crew to understand the new passenger cabin layout and cabin systems and will enable them to practice delivering a premium class in-flight service.”
In addition to delivering the cabin service trainer, EDM has delivered a B777 door trainer and a Bombardier CRJ1000 door trainer to the training centre last year.
Tony Bermingham adds:
“We are very pleased to have completed the delivery of a package of simulated training devices to Garuda Indonesia and we look forward to continuing to build upon this successful relationship and reinforcing EDM’s strong presence in Asia.”
EDM has provided of cabin crew training devices to several flag airlines based in Asia including China Eastern Airlines, Philippine Airlines and Garuda Indonesia Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Hainan Airlines and Air China.